This department deals with smart coating processing based on nanoparticle processing, which leads to advanced manufacturing technology as well as safe, security, environmental and energy issues. By making use of new properties of nanoparticles, nanoporous or multi-component films can be created without any heat assistance. Nano and microscale design of particles will lead to high reliability and functional coating films with various kinds of coating processes. Smart coating on the surface of particles will make key materials for new areas such as DDS (Drug Delivery System) or Fuel Cells.
Current Research Subjects
- Development of solid-state processing in water vapor for functional fine-particle synthesis
- Low temperature synthesis of composite oxide nanoparticles by mechanochemical method
- Development of Li ion battery electrodes by controlling their composite structure
- Wet processing for composite nanopartocles and their applications for fuel cells
- Development of fuel cell electrodes for PEFC and SOFC
- Development of low thermal conductivity materials using composite particles
- Development of 3D direct-assembly process of nanoparticles
- New recycling process of composite materials by bonding and disassembling of their interfaces.