Our Lab. aims to Elucidate Metallurgical Phenomena during Welding
based on Materials Science ＆ Engineering
and to develop innovative welding & joining technique.
Development of innovative manufacturing technology is required to manufacture high-performance machine products and structures of the next-generation. Department of Reliability Evaluation & Simulation conducts research and education for elucidation and control of the factors on weldment properties by high accurate evaluation based on material science and engineering. In order to create innovative and attractive technique of welding & Joining as a final aim, our department are working on elucidation of metallurgical phenomenon such as solidification and transformation, and on developing the predication method for the microstructures and the properties of weldments.
- Elucidation of mehcanism of microsturucural evolution (solidification, phase transformation etc.) during welding & joining
- Elucidation of infuluencing factors on defect formation (hot, reheat & cold cracking) and the mechanical properties of weldments
- Development of technique for property modification and reliability evaluation by innovative method of microstructure control
- Effect of solidification on microstructural formation and mechanical properties of high strength steel weld metal
- Investigation of controlling factor of weld hot cracking susceptibility and establishment of the prediction technology of weld hot cracking
- Microstructural control and improvement of weld hot cracking susceptibility by grain boundary engineering
- Clarification of influential factors of corrosion resistance of stainless steel dissimilar weld
- Analysis of solidification/transformation behavior and accurate evaluation of hot crack susceptibility by using In-situ observation method
- Investigation of peritectic reaction mechanism of carbon steel during welding process